Duct Sealing and Testing in Modesto, CA
Call Our Hotline: 209-523-4578
If you’re one of the many residents of Modesto, CA or the surrounding areas who utilizes a forced-air HVAC system, then you rely on effective and efficient ductwork to do its job as it should. You might not be aware of the quality that your air ducts are currently in. Breached ducts can actually account for up to 30% of air loss into unoccupied spaces in a home such as an attic or crawlspace. Fortunately, you need only contact our team here at DeHart Plumbing, Heating, and Air Inc. to begin resolving the problem with professional duct sealing and duct testing. We provide:
- A 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
- An Industry-Leading 10-Year Parts and Labor Warranty.
- The Highest Levels of Honesty and Integrity.
To schedule your duct testing and sealing appointment, contact our team today.
Professional Duct Testing for Optimal Efficiency
Testing your ductwork is one of the many vital energy efficiency improvement services we provide. It helps your HVAC systems perform as they should, and contributes to both increased comfort and lower utility bills.
The average homeowner does not have the tools or ability to test their ductwork for damage, particularly since most of your air ducts are hidden from view. As a result, leaky or damaged air ducts are not often an obvious problem, especially if it’s pinhole leaks we’re dealing with.
When our team of Modesto service professionals comes to test your ductwork, we’ll use advanced technology to diagnose just what’s going on, and we will locate inefficiencies so that they can be adequately dealt with.
We accomplish this through using a calibrated fan to compare the fan’s pressurization to the actual pressure within the air ducts, determining if a leak is occurring. From there, we investigate further to recommend an immediate solution for you—in most cases this may be duct sealing.
Do You Need Professional Air Duct Sealing?
It’s rarely possible for the average homeowner to visually inspect the outside of their ductwork for leaks or damage, since, as we mentioned above, it’s largely hidden from site. There are a number of signs, however, you can watch out for which indicate your Modesto area home is in need of professional duct sealing:
- A Sudden Spike in Energy Bills: If you’ve noticed an unexplainable and sudden increase in your HVAC bills, leaky ducts can absolutely be the culprit. They allow conditioned air to escape from your HVAC system before reaching the rooms that the air is intended for. This means your heating and cooling systems have to run that much longer to try to reach and maintain your desired temperature.
- Uneven Heating or Cooling: Take a walk through your living space. Do you notice hot spots in the summer, or cold spots in the winter? This is not something you should just settle for. It’s often noticed when there is a ductwork breach somewhere that’s allowing heated or cooled air to escape.
If it’s determined you do need duct sealing, we can’t stress enough how important it is to have this professionally done. Store-bought duct tape is not the answer, as this material is not appropriately named—it is brittle and breaks down quickly. Professional duct sealing from our team uses special mastic sealing to ensure that your ducts are back in shape and stay that way for the years to come. Contact us today!