Stay cool during summer is one thing, doing so without having egregious energy bills is another. If you are finding yourself questioning if you want to turn on your air conditioner or save your money, it means that you may need to take some time to make sure you are optimizing your energy efficiency as much as you can.
You shouldn’t have to choose between staying comfortable and keeping your home cool. We have some tips to help you enjoy the best of both options in this case.
Tips to Optimize Your Home Energy Efficiency
There is more than one way to improve and optimize your home’s energy efficiency. Here are some tips to help you get things as efficient as possible so you can enjoy your home comfort at a reasonable cost.
- Keep the sun out. Shades, curtains, and blinds are your friends. You can use them to keep out the sunshine and the heat that it carries. When you keep out the sunlight and the heat during the day, it will make your AC system’s job easier by keeping the temperature a bit lower.
- Make sure doors and windows are sealed. Little air leaks around your windows and doors are going to be just as bad for your home comfort as a fully open door letting all the cool air out. Use weatherstripping and caulk to seal up potential air leaks which will help you keep your cool air in the house where it belongs.
- Use your ceiling fan to help out. Contrary to popular belief, your ceiling fan doesn’t make the room cooler. It does, however, help make your air conditioner’s job just a bit easier. Turning on your ceiling fan can spread cool air around the house more effectively and help you feel cooler by evaporating sweat more quickly. When you feel cooler, you can reduce the demand on your A/C too.
- Reduce your air conditioning demands: It can be tempting to see how low your A/C can go but it is better to set a moderate temperature on your thermostat to keep cool. During summer, keep your thermostat set to 75 to 78
°F to optimize your efficiency without making a major sacrifice to your comfort.
- Consider an upgrade to your air conditioning: How old is your air conditioner? If it is getting on in years, it is likely that you should consider upgrading to a new energy-efficient air conditioner in Modesto. Investing in a more efficient system will keep you cooler and save you cash in the long-run.
Looking to boost your energy efficiency this summer and beyond? We are the professionals that can help you do just that. We provide a variety of services that will optimize the efficiency in your home while helping you keep comfortable throughout the year. The pros at Greenhart use cost-effective methods to improve home energy use and indoor air quality.
Live Green, Save Green! Contact the team at Greenhart to schedule a visit from one of our professional team members for help.